If you are interested in becoming a mean stack developer, you should first learn what a mean stack, its components, and its benefits are, then decide whether pursuing a role in this field is right for you or not. Here we have rounded up the complete guide about mean stack and mean stack developer, sharing details about the skills required and others.
What is Mean Stack?
Components of Mean Stack
The four technology pieces in the mean stack include:
- Express JS is a framework used to build websites and web applications in Node.js. The framework allows users to create the website in the most customizable way. Moreover, this incredible platform is open source; you can use Express JS to retrieve data, query databases or responses.
- Node.js is a super easy back-end platform capable of reading and executing code to help function sites and web applications. You can use this framework to create any sort of website and application; the best part is its readily available and open-source platform.
What is Mean Stack Developer?
- Architect, test, and create robust, highly responsive applications that can grow in size quickly.
- Design and maintain large, complex databases for clients where they can store or retrieve data.
- Identify and fix production and non-production application issues as part of the deployment.
- Integrate and establish existing applications with other sites and software as needed.
- Deploy applications on AWS cloud with the ability to remove errors and other hosting-related issues.
Mean Stack Developer VS Full-Stack Developer
Skills That a Mean Stack Developer Should Have
There are numerous essential skills that a mean developer should have if he wants to excel in their role. Try following these skills to be an expert in mean development and pursue this career ideally.
- Mean Stack Expertise: Ability to work with MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js.
- Web Technologies: To become a mean developer, you should have the necessary knowledge of web technologies like internet servers, protocols, and cloud technology. Similarly, you should know cloud architecture deeply and must learn how to program applications that can function on different devices.
- Research Skills: Mostly, people ignore research skills, but it’s crucial for a mean developer to know how to research. It often happens when a developer is stuck in a problem and can’t find the solution; the research skills work there. A great mean stack developer will identify the problem and use the research platforms to see how to get rid of the issue. A simple search can save you long hours and make you out of a particular problem.
- Communication and Collaboration Skills: As a mean developer, you must communicate with clients and understand their unique requirements. So your communication skills should be on point. Also, you can manage a team of developers perfectly under your supervision and build new top-notch software if you communicate and collaborate properly with the team.
A mean stack developer’s future is brightened, as he is a desirable and highly paid professional. Because having expertise in diverse skills and experience; mean developers receive impressive salaries and tremendous growth opportunities. The mean stack developers work as technical architects and possess great expertise in building robust websites and application frameworks. There is always a great need for an experienced, expert mean stack developer in almost every organization. Therefore, if you have experience working with various code languages and are ready to get your hands on a diverse skill set, you can successfully become a mean stack developer.